Thursday, May 2, 2013

Childhood Cartoons

Yesterday, I was reminiscing about the cartoons that I loved when I was a kid. The main two that I read religiously were Garfield and Peanuts. Garfield was created by Jim Davis and Peanuts was created by Charles M. Schulz.


 As a kid I would always love to read the newspaper for the comics and read Garfield. The comic is about a car named Garfield who goes about his daily life doing whatever it is he likes. Some of the things he does is: eat lasagna, annoy Jon (his owner), mess with Odie (Jon's dog), and sleeps. Honestly, I loved Odie. When I was little until fifth grade I had a stuffed animal of Odie and I slept with him every night. Reading these comics brought back good memories. Unforutnately, one day my Mom accidentally sold Odie in a garage sale. It was one of the saddest days in my life.

Another comic I read when I was a kid was Peanuts!! This comic was hilarious and I absolutely loved Snoopy. Charlie Brown was a kid who went about his daily life trying his best to do anything, but somehow he just couldn't do it, mess up, or Lucy would trick him. Reading this comic helped me be more persistent and determined to do my best even though I would mess up sometimes. Essentially it taught me to never give up... and to get a beagle named Snoopy. Ha ha.

Both comics are amazing and I wouldn't have made it through childhood without reading them. They kept me entertained and out of trouble... for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment